Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Buhay Angono

Life in Angono / My hometown Angono Rizal

See my previous blog here- Nuong Ako ay bata pa

While browsing the internet on what to read, I stumbled on this page about my hometown Angono Rizal. Like the author, I myself have this childhood love of the place where I grew up. Though half of my learning days were spent in Manila and we already transferred to Las Piñas City a long time ago- Angono Rizal in my childhood memories still is- beyond compare. It has a special place in me that every time I heard something about it or whenever friends and my kiddos asked me about my childhood days, it actually made me smile and rekindled the simple life we had way back then.

The Angono Rizal that I used to know may not be the same anymore or maybe no more. The greenery would not be there, those rivers that I and my sibs used to bathe were already polluted, streets were crowded and populated. The last time we visited there, a lot of new establishments and commercial areas covering most sections of the land.

Gone are the days when cows and carabaos grace its street and where Angono ricefields change their colors the entire year from brown-green to gold. I miss the old Angono- where trees and tall grasses covered the side skirt of the streets on my way to Doña Justa Guido Memorial School... 


Just like the author mentioned on his website-

"The Angono of our youth is no more. There are no more green mountains or golden rice fields, and there is no longer a bountiful lake or a lovely river there. The younger generations do not know how life was when we were growing up there or how beautiful Angono used to be. I wanted to write about my memories to share them with you, our children, and future generations...

- Timoteo "Tim" Medina Saguinsin

You can view his writings on the following links below;

Buhay sa Angono

Angono Art

Buhay sa Angono

Buhay sa Angono


#Angono, 
#AngNuno,
#AngonoRizal,
#Rizal,
#LifeInAngono,
#LifeInAngonorizal,
#Angonians,
#ILoveAngono,
#ILoveAngonorizal,
#RizalProvince,
#DJGMS,
#DoñaJustaGuidoMemorialSchool,
#istariray23moments,
 
Location: Angono, Rizal, Philippines

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive