Saturday, June 10, 2017

Familia Bautista-Alejandro Memoir

Just recently,

I found this ultra-big Bible in our old house back in Kalikasan Homes. I can say that it stood a lot of rain, sun, weather conditions, births, and deaths. Its once hardbound cover still serves its purpose to be a protector of the pages bound together and stood the test of time.

My eldest sister Twinkle told me that she saw this Bible when she was 11 years old in Iligan City from the old house of the Alejandro Family. My grandmother Nanay Violy used to keep this bible until my mom took possession of it and brought it home. Just like my mom, I always- always had this feeling of being nostalgic for old things that I know hold the memory of one's generation- if only these things could speak and share with me stories of their importance used to be back then.

From the moment I saw the pages of this bible- it stirred up the usual interest and curiosity that I have for old special things. It always made me feel that it holds memoirs of the Bautista-Alejandro Family, and since I am doing the family tree of the Bautista-Alejandro-Cabrera-Cencilla Family I feel the sense of preserving vital information that our younger generations could look back.

Let me share with you some pages that I scanned from this Bible while you can also view the entire album on this link -  Familia Bautista-Alejandro Memoir

#bautistaalejandrofamily #alejandocabrerafamily #bautistafamily #alejandrofamily #familybible #family #heritage


These are the residence certificates equivalent to taxes way back then. As you can see this is right a few years after the Japanese war happened in Manila. 




#Family,
#BautistaFamily,
#FamilyHeritage,
#AlejandroFamily,
#FamilyHeritageBible,
#AlejandoCabreraFamily,
#BautistaAlejandroFamily,
Location: Alabang, Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive