Wednesday, September 01, 2021

YOU are my Hiding Place....



God will be your hiding place from trouble. 

Jesus didn’t say we would never have problems. He said He would be with us in them. The Bible assures us that “many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all”. (Psalm 34:19).

When we do good and not evil, God delivers us from trouble. When our hearts are broken, God is especially near to us. When we are humble, God saves us. “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such a contrite spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18). 

God’s love for you gives you security. David said, “God heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.. Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust.” (Psalm 40:1-2,4). 

When you make God your hiding place, He will surround you and you will be Hidden in Him. “You are my hiding place, You shall preserve me from trouble” (Psalm 32:7). 
No matter what comes upon your life like a flood, God will protect you by lifting you out of it or taking you through it. “Surely in a flood of great waters they shall not come near him.” (Psalm 32:6). That’s why it is important to listen for the quiet voice of God’s Spirit speaking to your heart and telling you what to do. 

When you are overwhelmed by troubles, cry out to the Lord and say,” Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come to You. Incline Your ear to me; in the day that I call, answer me speedily... My days are like a shadow that lengthens, and I wither away like grass”. (Psalm 102:1-2,11).
God always hears the prayers of anyone, whose heart is humble, honest, and is right in His sight. 

You will never regret putting your trust in God. David said of the Lord that “none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned” (Psalm 34:22). Putting your trust in God does not mean demanding that He do what you ask. It’s telling Him the desire of your heart and waiting on Him for the answer. I have found that the more time you spend with God in prayer, the more certain He will respond to a quick prayer when something sudden happens and there is little time for anything more.

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive