Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Good Books to Read

Went to OMF Literature bookstore the other day and indulge myself in looking and finding good books to read.

I was actually looking for Alexa's birthday gift as she requested to have a bible on her 10th birthday.

As always, this bookstore holds interesting Christian books for all ages.
I actually have faves from authors who continue to write one book after another and that their craftmanship was still at its best.

Walking down the shelves I spotted these familiar books that I say are timeless. Indeed still applies to today's generation.

Let me share with you some of my picks. . .


These Joshua Harris books inspired by Elizabeth Elliott were the best. It changes my view about courtship, love, and relationship. Considered an all-time international best seller.

I read this way back then after my boyfriend Ryan died. I thanked GOD that I was able to read these books to preserve myself from impending heartaches later on in my life. I will definitely have my kiddos read these when they reach teens.


Another book that is a must-read is "Lies Young Women Believe" by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and Danna Gresh. Females of the younger generation could easily be believed in tangled lies about love and relationship and I personally believed that they should be more careful in handling truth and lies about it. This book is a must-read.


Malu Tiongson-Ortiz made a very timely book about being beautiful inside and out which is very applicable for today's generation where being beautiful is rather the looks than what's inside.


My all-time favorite by Pastor Rick Warren. the same content plus some added devotional pages and the new cover. I actually loved the new cover from the original one.

I bought one today for a dear friend in KSA. It was actually a promise long overdue. So here I am today, holding the same book I read like 16 or 17 years ago. . . .

A must I might say.
This book is an international all-time best seller.



I will definitely have one of these upon my return to this store. I also recommend this to another friend who just separated from his wife.


Very timely and very maka masa na book I say. Para na din to sa mga hopeless romantic na bagong henerasyon.


I recommended this to a friend who had been in numerous relationships and broken one heart into another. I actually told him that love and relationship is something we should be careful about. Since we could be the source of someone's heartaches later on in our life. Therefore this is a must-read for us to know the lessons learned by the Ex-Heartbreaker.


A must-read on what GOD has to say pertaining love and relationship.


Love this book as this gave us encouragement through our fears in life.



Pink softbound Bible


I was looking for a Princess Bible however it is not currently available in this branch. There is actually a lot in here however I considered the size, the contents, and the price. I want a bible that Alexa can use until she grows old. And good thing, I was able to find one.
 




I bought this Inspire Bible for Alexa. Love the hardbound cover and the pages were different from a normal bible cause there are a lot of drawings that you could actually color while reading and learning at the same time. . .



I bought this book for my eldest Jedi as her daily devotional companion that she could use. I wrote a dedication on its page for her.

For other Christian books, I recommend you check the OMF link here - https://omflit.com/
They've got a wide selection of books and you will definitely love their Bibles and devotionals

By the way, the branch that I visited is located here. . .

MAKATI
OMF Lit Bookshop
G/F Greenbelt 1
(Legaspi Street Entrance)
Ayala Center, Makati City
+63 (2) 621.6730
Mon-Sun 10AM-8PM



#Aklat,
#books,
#Bible,
#Dovotionals,
#ILoveBooks,
#OMFBookstore,
#ChristianBooks,
#ChristianInspiredBooks,
#istariray23laboy,
#istariray23travel,
#istariray23photography,


Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive