Wednesday, February 24, 2021

http://star-tariray.blogspot.com/

 Some thoughts today.

Yes, I am into blogging since 1999 and used different blogging platforms such as Xanga, MySpace, LiveJournal, Blogdrive to name a few. 

I started using Blogspot in 2005 and I am the owner of the Star-Tariray blog which I am unable to recover. This prompted me to create another blog hosted by blog drive http://star-tariray.blogdrives.com/

However, for some reason, blog drive stopped its operations in the middle of 2012 and automatically disabled hosting my page last 2018. It's kinda sad since I have written 700+ blog entries on that platform.   

Good thing I still have my other post, backed-up here in blogger now Blogspot that I started to use again in 2014. I was able to transfer some of my entries here and continue as the years progress.   


So if you happen to stumble on my old blog post please feel free to leave a comment and follow me here 😊.


Blogger / Blogspot now is the oldest blog site that is still working up to this time and I can say that I am still satisfied with the service it provides. There are some functions that I wish this site have like a members forum where bloggers could interact with each other. Or a time machine that shows your entry from the previous year like what FB memories have. Or a Blogspot blog list arranged alphabetically like what blog drive have, where one could stalk your profiles and vise versa- it'll be fun I know. It could be exciting to have a function like Tumblr where you could post a short video with no sweat at all.

There's a lot of opportunities for improvement and I know Blogspot won't miss a spot in improving each year. 

I am staying with Blogspot because...
It is Free ever since from the beginning
It can be monetized through ads
It allows growth and development for your blog content with no restrictions.
It allows 3rd party theme use
They have new themes that you could use away from the old blogging concept theme.
The new version of the android app is already available.  

Cheers to more years to come with Blogspot!!!


Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive