Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Infant Jesus Institute Las Piñas


Just the other day, while going to my kiddos' school meeting I accidentally drove past MCA and found myself heading toward my old High school. I kinda felt so many emotions into me like being nostalgic, excited, disgusted, annoyed, and sad about what I saw in front of me.

The Old school building is still there standing in its original place with some added structures on its ground while the facade of the school made a huge improvement giving the impression that this building is no longer a school but a commercial establishment. As I made my way into those familiar spaces I felt like being back the very 1st time I set my foot in this school.

S.Y. 1994-1995 Sophomore Year
Learn More, Achieve More- Sophomore!!!
I was so disappointed and angry at my mom because I don't really like this school. It doesn't have any curb appeal. Only one section per each grade level, can you imagine that?? No Laboratory room, small library, registrar's office is so small, school CR is dark, scary, and "NO WATER!" What the heck is this really my new school? The 2nd-floor classrooms don't have a ceiling, what?? The schoolyard is sooo small nothing compared to my old school and most of all I can't find the area where the school program is being held. New classmates, new teachers- can't comment. Overall this is like a jailhouse where I'll have to spend my entire high school life. I would never really like this school. Per the class roster, a lot of transferred students for this school year. The only thing that makes my every day exciting is seeing my high school crush smiling :)-awww, adds color to my day. Sophomore year?- SUCKS!!!

S.Y. 1995-1996 Junior Year
Act and Dance or you won't feel the beat- Junior Year!!!
They said that this is the toughest year of your high school life. I kinda feel I belong... new classmates, new faces, new teachers, new seatmates/groupmates, etc. new high school crush :) Met Gloria Dela Cruz as our Values Education teacher. A storm hit the country named Katring that blew our school roof causing us to be on an earlier and longer semestral break of the year. JS Prom? I didn't attend cause I am saving it for next year.   

S.Y. 1996-1997 Senior Year
We didn't realize we were making memories
We just knew we were having fun- - Senior Sharks!!!
Some stayed and some went away. A handful of students were left and we became best of friends like it couldn't happen at all. My high school crush is still here- seeing him eyeing another girl kinda hurt and I know it is what makes high school life more colorful. JS Prom- I had my 1st dance with a good friend. CAT Graduation- we had a blast! And just as school is almost ending, we realized that we are kinda close with each other. Our dreams were a few miles away after high school and it is up to us to make them come true. Who says High school is boring? Well, mine isn't!

What a flashback!

Here I am standing in the same school that holds so many good, not-so-good, and wonderful memories of my high school past.

#infantjesusinstitutebuilding #infantjesusinstitute #ijilaspiñas #IJI97 #IJIbatch97 #IJIseniors97 #proudtobeanIJIgraduates #iloveIJI97










 


#iloveIJI'97,
#IJIbatch97,
#IJILasPiñas,
#IJIseniors97,
#IJI97,
#InfantJesusInstituteINC,
#proudtobeanIJIgraduate,
#stariray23oments,


Location: Pulanglupa I, Las Pinas City, 1740 Metro Manila, Philippines

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive