Saturday, December 02, 2017

Bolinao Pangasinan


It was last year when a friend of mine advised me to visit Bolinao Pangasinan, however, due to schedules and un-met vacation leave I failed to do so. I scanned the net for a site-worthy visit to the place and indeed fell in love with its beach, falls, rock formations, and century-old church.

I promised myself that 2017 would not end without me setting foot on those white beaches of Patar and taking a dip in those fresh crystal clear waterfalls of Bolinao.

On the 29th of November 2017, I and my chums found ourselves traveling from Manila all the way to Bolinao. I never thought that it would be so easy as there is a direct trip from Manila going there. Bus station of Victory Liner and Five Star does have a daily trip for the fare of Php 459.00 Cubao-Bolinao 

I provided the following links where you can check the fares for both bus companies;


Victory Liner Bus Schedule to Bolinao, Pangasinan from Manila
Departure               Destination                        Fare
06:30 AM     CUBAO to BOLINAO PHP 459.00
10:30 AM     CUBAO to BOLINAO PHP 459.00
02:30 AM     CUBAO to BOLINAO PHP 459.00
04:30 PM      CUBAO to BOLINAO PHP 459.00  



Five Star Bolinao, Pangasinan



We took the 02:30 AM travel from Victory Liner in Cubao Station, it was a good ride as we reached our destination after 6 hours of travel which we consumed sleeping to regain our energy for our adventures.




This church is located in the city proper a few walks away from the bus station. I loved how rustic those walls seemed untouched yet per the record, the church underwent a series of natural and man-made calamities, such as the 1788 earthquake, the 1819 fire incident, and Typhoon Emong in 2009.

It is a Spanish colonial church located at Brgy. Germinal in Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines. The church was made out of black coral stones.

Next stop, we had our breakfast in Adorra's Resto located behind the back of the church. The 1st thing I checked in any resto is the menu specialty that they offer, Adorra's specialty meal can be found in just any other resto back in Manila. I had Lomi for Php 60.00 a Tapsilog for Php 100.00 and a bottle of mineral water for Php 20.00.


While sorting our DIY Trip Itinerary we met Manong Regie Caboborac a local tricycle driver who offers a tour ride to our itinerary for only Php 1,000.00. The good thing about having a tour guide is that they could bring you into places out of your itinerary and presto you already added a To-Do List on your existing schedule on your next visit.

Click here to view iStariray23 in Adorra's Restaurant

I and my chums lived in the city and we all wanted to feel the simplicity of life living in the province. I grew up where there were rice fields, rivers, and mountains surrounding me and I indeed miss those experiences. We all wanted to escape the noise, populated and polluted city life so we decided to stay in a Kubo/Nipa Hut. No air conditioning, no TV, no radio, and no other noise but the sound of the sea waves and the crickets that bring us to sleep in the night. Germa's Place actually gives that drama into this quick escape that we have. For only Php 1497.92 a night for 4 pax we were able to experience sleep in this cutie Kubo.

Click here to view iStariray23 in German Place



A lovely sight to behold, this is the tallest among the 3 waterfalls in Bolinao. Also, the closest one to being reached. Located in the Barangay of Samang Norte, Bolinao Pangasisnan. The entrance fee as of this writing is Php 20.00. We were not asked for a parking fee since we came here with a local guide. Love the natural color effect of the fresh water and the shades of the trees around the area.

Click here to check iStariray23 in Bolinao Falls 1



Bolinao Falls 2


A bit lower from the 1st falls and farther from the town proper. We traveled about 25 minutes from the previous falls to reach this one and it does not disappoint. This one becomes crowded as it has plenty of shallow parts that you could soak your heart out. I enjoyed staying in these falls, it got a wide area for swimming and also the height of the falls is too cute not to be noticed for those thrill-seekers. The entrance fee is Php 20.00.

Click here to check iStariray23 in Bolinao Falls 2



  
This is the farthest fall among the 3, no wonder there is no blog post being mentioned about this one as well as a photo. I fell in love with this waterfall and it took my breath away at my first sight of it. I just can't help to snap pictures of this one. Only a few people managed to travel in these falls since it will still take another 30-40 minutes tricycle ride just to reach this place, however, it will exceed your expectations from the other two falls. I love how the color of the water plays with the color of its lush green surroundings- indeed what a lovely sight you won't forget. The entrance fee is Php 20.00

Click here to check iStariray23 in Bolinao Falls 3




We headed to this floating restaurant located in the Balingasay River. Sungayan is named after the Sinungay Fish as the server advised us. I haven't heard about this fish before yet this is actually a good time for me to experience it. I love the view of the quiet river flowing to the sea. Manong Driver said that the waters came from the falls and flowed down from the mountains to this river off to the sea. I could even see fishes in this river swimming freely without a hint of disturbance as we made our way from one floating resto to the other. The food was great and the price was competitive.






A must when you visit Bolinao. The towering height of the lighthouse can be seen when you are around the area of Patar Beach. It stood there amidst the rain and heat of the sun. IG enthusiasts will indeed love this place, just be creative on how you will include the lighthouse in your pictures. No Entrance Fee at this place.





My attention was caught with these charcoaled bamboo-lined up on the table when we were heading down to Patar beach. I got curious and approached the lady who educated me about their famous delicacy. That sweet sticky, good-smelling rice is a hit for me. I liked how I scooped it with my wooden spoon carved out of bamboo. The cost for big bamboo is Php 50.00 while the small one is Php 35.00

 Click here to see iStariray23 eating Binuguey




  
Your Bolinao trip will not be complete without a visit to their famous sun-kissed yellowish sand beach Patar. I kinda love the waves on this beach just like in Aurora, however, between the two I'll go for Patar. Un-crowded shorelines, clear and clean waters, and beautiful rock formations made this beach a must-see. NO Entrance Fee on this beach and it reminds me of Boracay way back in 2000. Very untouched, not too commercialized, and all with its simplicity and beauty.

Click here to view iStariray23 in Patar Beach




Just on the other side of Patar Beach, you will find the rock formation. The entrance fee is Php 75.00 since the area is private property. You will be marveled at the wonders of nature through these coral rocks formed over time.






Before heading home to Manila, a good-hearted tricycle driver recommends a new hang-out in town. Located near the bus terminal of 5 Star he brought us to Oinkies Cafe. Love the ambiance, their staff, service, and of course, their food will not disappoint you. A stop before heading home is a must in this cafe.

Click here to check iStariray23 in Oinkies Cafe

Overall my Bolinao Pangasinan experience is a hit and I will definitely come back to this place with my loved ones. My daughters were up for an adventure as they browsed through my galleries and indeed couldn't wait. There is one place we failed to see which is the Enchanted Cave and will make this our 1st stop once I come back to this place :) 

What I really loved about Bolinao Pangasinan?  you have a lot of options to choose from in your adventure from cliff jumping into their falls, enjoying the sunset from the rock formation, swimming in those underground caves, eating their local delicacy Binuguey, attending mass at their century-old church, sunbathing in Patar Beach, river cruising in Balingasay, picture taking in the lighthouse and a lot more :) Bolinao for me is not just a place, it's an escape from the city life that I came to know. 

I applauded the character and attitude of the people of Bolinao, they were all warm, friendly, and helpful. They are very accommodating, patient, and hospitable.  

The simplicity of life in Bolinao gives me a feeling of being at home :) 

I love Bolinao!!!   






For Travel Guide assistance you may contact the following;

Regie Caboborac 
Mobile Number-0949-405-6965 / 0921-220-6288
Jhonson Cruz



#Bolinao,
#Pangasinan,
#BolinaoPangasinan,
#istariray23Laboy,
#istariray23travel,
#istariray23photography,



#AdorasResto,
#StJamesTheGreatParishChurch,
#BolinaoLightHouse,
#BolinaoFalls1,
#BolinaoFalls2,
#BolinaoFalls3,
#SungayanGrill,
#SungayanGrillFloatingResto,
#PatarRockFormation,
#PatarWhiteBeach,
#Bolinao,
#Pangasinan,
#BolinaoPangasinan,
#istariray23Laboy,
#istariray23travel,
#istariray23photography,

Location: Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines

Search This Blog

Other Post

Blog Archive